Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Welcome to Orchestra

Hello, and welcome back to school! I am Miss Ellis, and I will be teaching orchestra to the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students while Mrs. Curro is away. We have a great year ahead of us filled with activities, music, and concerts.

It is my goal to use this blog as an additional means of communication between families and parents at home and our classroom. I will comment on assignments, pedagogy, playing/practicing concerns, upcoming events, and daily life in orchestra. I encourage you to read often (or subscribe), and I welcome suggestions, questions, and any other constructive commentary. Please, when leaving a comment, include one of the following: your name, your child's name, and an email contact address if you'd like a more personal discussion.

Don't forget about the websites already available to you. The music department at FMS has a wonderful website complete with the music handbook, important dates, and faculty information.

I look forward to meeting with my 6th (AC day) and 7th grade orchestras tomorrow! We will fill out information cards, discuss the upcoming year, and answer any questions that arise. There will be homework, so bring your A-Pad and something to write with. Our first day of music making for 6(AC) and 7th grades will be on the next AC day (Friday 9/11).

Have a wonderful first day of school!